I cannot be the only one that loves a good crispy brussels sprout as a side. Right? Right. A Fox Household favorite as of late are my Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts, roasted to perfection in the oven.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 strips of bacon (can sub turkey bacon if desired)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons quality maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Fry bacon on stove top until crispy, chop into small pieces and add to a mixing bowl.
- Rinse the brussels sprouts thoroughly to remove any dirt from the leaves then dry with a paper towel.
- Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and slice in half, length wise. Transfer to mixing bowl
- Peel and slice the onion in half moon slices. Add to mixing bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add to mixing bowl.
- Pour the olive olive oil over ingredients and add salt and pepper. Mix ingredients until they are fully coated.
- Pour the brussels sprouts mixture onto a sheet pan and pop into the oven!
- Bake for 35 minutes. (Try not to open the oven during this time! I know, the temptation to look at the marvelous creation is so real)
- Remove sprouts from oven and place in mixing bowl.
- Pour maple syrup over the ingredients, mix thoroughly and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove sprouts when crispy!